The Pay Research Bureau (PRB) is responsible for the review of pay and grading structures, conditions of employment and organisational structures to enable excellence in the delivery of service in the public sector.
To carry out reviews of pay and grading structures and conditions of service in the Civil Service, Rodrigues Regional Assembly, Parastatal and other Statutory Bodies, Local Authorities and the Private Secondary Schools and to make appropriate recommendations with a view to:
- Rendering the sector more efficient and effective;
- Facilitating recruitment and retention of required skills in the service;
- Boosting reforms initiatives;
- Ensuring that reward in the public sector keeps pace with those of corresponding positions in the private sector, to the extent that it desirable;
- Establishing and maintaining reasonable differentials in respect of different categories of skills and levels of responsibility; and
- Ensuring adequate linkage between pay and economic growth in the country.
- To conduct research and keep abreast of developments in the fields of Remuneration, Conditions of Employment, Organisation Design and the like.
- To advise on the proper design of organisation structures.
- To assist in the implementation of our recommendations.