Since its inception, the Occupational Safety and Health Division (OSH) has been continually striving to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare whilst at work of all employees and any person entering the precincts of Ministries/Departments.
The Division provides appropriate and effective support to facilitate the Ministry's attainment of its mission in supporting the creation of the necessary conditions and a conducive work environment to inspire and improve the morale of public officers in the Civil Service. Its fundamental mission is therefore to guide and assist all Ministries/Departments in complying with the provisions of safety legislations in promoting a safety culture in the civil service through the establishment of an occupational safety and health management system.
- Safety and Health Audits and Inspections
- Risk Assessment of workplaces
- Fire Drills
- Attending to complaints and proposing remedial actions
- Accident Investigations
- Sensitization Campaigns
- Occupational Safety and Health Workshops
- Training Programmes: both internally and externally (at the different Ministries/Departments)
- Following up of the implementation of the Enhancement of Work Environment Programme (EWEP).