The Scheme to Attract Professionals for Emerging Sectors (SAPES) was introduced to enhance the development of key sectors of the economy particularly in Financial Services and ICT/ITES.
The SAPES aims to attract non-citizen professionals with talent, expertise and skills in emerging sectors, including information and communication technology, financial services and other sectors as may be approved by the Board of Investment, to come and work in Mauritius.
- Right to acquire one immovable property as personal residence, i.e., land not exceeding (a) 0.5276 hectares (5,275 metres) or (b) a flat or apartment for personal residence, the value of which shall be not less than 50,000 USD
- The grant of resident status for a three-year period to the professional, their spouse and dependents
- The spouse of the professional shall be entitled to a work permit of 3 years, upon application
- On expiry of the residence permit, the professional, their spouse and dependents can apply for permanent resident status
- Duty free imports of household and personal effects of the professional, their spouse and dependents excluding vehicles