Aims and Objectives
To foster a balanced and harmonious Mauritian Society through consolidation of existing pluralism, promotion of creativity and the celebration of cultural values.
- To preserve and foster cultural values both at individual and collective levels;
- To promote cultural interaction among different cultural components within the country and abroad for mutual understanding and enrichment;
- To upgrade, strengthen and extend the existing cultural infrastructure and to construct new structures;
- To provide support to associations of artists and to individuals involved in artistic and cultural activities
- To organise cultural activities for the public at large;
- To encourage the development of a dynamic arts and culture sector