Vision of the MinistryA professional public service committed to excellence.
Mission Statement of the Ministry
- To instil a culture of excellence by:
- being a driver and facilitator of change and innovation for the Civil Service
- spearheading administrative reforms to enable the delivery of timely and quality services
- facilitating the continuous professional development and growth of human resources in the Civil Service
- supporting the creation of the necessary conditions and a conducive work environment to inspire and improve the morale of Public Officers
- promoting an ethical culture and accountability in the Civil Service.
Objectives of the MinistryThe main objectives of the Ministry are:
- Modernisation of the Public Service
- Optimum management of the human resources
- Provision of timely and quality services to the public
- Creating dynamic and innovative leadership style in the Civil Service
- Dispensation of training to public officers to upgrade their skills and knowledge
- Development of expertise and new skills through Distance Learning
- Promotion of ethics and core values in the Public Service.