Mauritius is a member of the International Court of Justice, the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes and the 1958 New York Convention on Foreign Arbitration Awards.
Mauritius has long-established international relations and is a member of:
- The United Nations and its agencies
- The International Monetary Fund
- The World Bank
- The African Development Bank
- The World Trade Organisation
- The Organisation of African Unity
- African, Caribbean, Pacific Countries (ACP) Group (signatory of the Lome Convention)
- The Common Market for Southern & Eastern Africa (COMESA)
- The Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- The Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Co-operation (10R-ARC)
Mauritius is also a signatory to the African Growth and Opportunities Act (AGOA), a trade agreement between the USA and sub-Saharan countries.