Various type of income are exempt from income tax, including:
• Income derived by a Freeport company.
• Income derived by the registered owner of a foreign vessel.
• Income derived by the registered owner of a local vessel registered in Mauritius (provided the income is derived from deep sea international trade only).
• Capital gains on speculative or investment gains.
• A resident societe.
• Dividends received and paid by a tax incentive company.
• Interests payable on accounts held by qualified corporate (offshore).
• Interest payable on specific government securities.
• Royalties payable to a non-resident by a qualified company trust or bank.
All exempt incomes are specifically stated in the Second Schedule of the Income Tax Act 1995.